TERMS AND CONDITIONS
VILLAGE NEWS, INC. SUBSCRIPTION POLICIES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
2. SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE
When subscribing to receive Village News, Inc. products and services, you select the date on which you would like your subscription to begin (the “Service Start Date”). When signing up for a subscription, you agree to pay the applicable subscription rate (the “Subscription Rate”) which is billed or charged in periodic installments. Although different payment options and packages may be available, please note that subscriptions are not for defined or specific terms; service will continue unless and until you notify us that you wish to terminate your subscription or we otherwise discontinue service for any reason. You will be billed and responsible for payment for service through the effective date of termination of your subscription.
You will need to provide current and accurate information, including a delivery address, billing address, and payment information at the time you subscribe, and will be responsible for updating this information if and when it changes.
3. SUBSCRIBER SERVICES
- In General. We provide an on-line support center for Village News, Inc. subscribers, accessible at http://www.thevillagenews.com/subscriptions/ (the “Subscriber Services Website”). Through the Subscriber Services Website, you can make electronic payments, place a temporary stop on the delivery of your Paper, report delivery issues, among other things.
- Registration. In order to use the Subscriber Services. As part of this process, you will need to provide your full name, address, subscription account number and e-mail address.
- Customer Service. For questions regarding your subscription, you may also contact Village News, Inc. Customer Service Department at 760-723-7319 , or online at www.thevillagenews.com/contact/, or in writing at 127 West Elder Street, Fallbrook, CA 92028 (“Customer Service”). Customer Service hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
4. SUBSCRIPTION AND PROMOTIONAL RATES
- In General. Subscription Rates may vary depending on payment options chosen. Rates may be guaranteed for a limited, initial period of time, for instance on an introductory or promotional rate. Your subscription will automatically continue after the promotional or introductory rate period at the then-applicable standard Subscription Rate. We reserve the right to change Subscription Rates at any time, for any reason, in our sole discretion. We will use commercially reasonable efforts, such as email notification or a billing insert, to notify you in advance of any significant increase in your Subscription Rate, and any such rate increase will be applicable to service during your next billing cycle. Subscription Rates include all applicable state sales tax.
- Promotional Rates/Promotional Gifts. From time to time, we may offer promotions to new subscribers or to current subscribers who agree to upgrade their subscription or enroll in EasyPay. The promotions may either consist of discounted rates for a limited time or promotional gifts. Promotional rates will apply only for the period of time specified for the promotion, and your subscription will automatically continue thereafter at the then-applicable standard Subscription Rate. Promotions associated with new subscription starts are only available to customers who have not been a subscriber at any time within the previous ninety (90) days. Please note that introductory and promotional rates and gifts usually require a commitment to continue subscription service for a minimum period of time and that early termination fees may apply.
- PAYMENT OPTIONS
We offer the following two payment options for subscriptions:
- EasyPay. You may elect to pay for your subscription through our automatic payment plan. You authorize us to initiate debit entries to your checking account or credit card at least every four weeks (each an “Auto-debit” or collectively, “Auto-debits”) until you revoke such authorization.
- Periodic Invoicing. For customers that choose not to enroll in automatic payment plan, we will periodically bill you in advance for your ongoing subscription service. Payment for all invoices is due promptly upon receipt. As a reminder, your subscription is for an ongoing service that continues until you contact Customer Service to cancel your subscription or we otherwise terminate your service for any reason. You will be billed and are responsible for payment for your subscription through the effective date of cancellation or termination.
- Non-Payment. If payment for a subscription is not received at the time of the order (for example, a credit card is declined) your Service Start Date may be delayed until the initial payment is received in full. If an invoice remains overdue and unpaid for more than [sixty (60) days], we may discontinue service at any time, with or without prior notice to you, and/or forward your account information to a third-party collection agency to collect any outstanding or overdue payments.
6. TERMINATION OF SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE.
You may terminate your subscription at any time by contacting Customer Service. Termination will be effective at the end of the billing cycle during which you notify us of your desire to discontinue service. If you agreed to subscribe for a minimum period of time in order to receive a promotional rate or in order to receive a promotional gift, and you terminate your subscription prior to the expiration of that period of time, you may be assessed an early termination fee. The early termination fee will usually be specified along with the other terms of the applicable promotion and would generally be equal to the difference between the promotional rate and the normal Subscription Rate or the value of any promotional gift you received.
Refunds for subscriptions are generally not available absent extraordinary or unusual circumstances. Refund requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis. The maximum refund is for ninety (90) days of subscription service. Refunds for purchases made by credit card will be credited to the credit card on file and may take a minimum of three (3) business days to be processed. A payment by check must have been posted for a minimum of fifteen (15) business days before a refund may be authorized in order to ensure that the check has cleared. Refunds by check may take a minimum of ten (10) business days to be processed and in general require a processing time of 2-3 weeks. Purchases by other forms of payment (e.g. cash or money order) will be refunded by check only.
8. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT NEWSPAPER DELIVERY SERVICE
- Commencement of Delivery. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that delivery of the Paper begins on the Effective Date, but we cannot guarantee that service will in fact commence on such date.
- Third-Party Distributors. Village News, Inc. outsources to third parties the actual delivery of the Paper to residential and business subscribers. We contract with various distributors, as well as, in some areas, other newspaper publishers, who are responsible for delivery of the Paper to Village News, Inc. subscribers in their designated geographic area. We make an effort to contractually ensure timely and proper delivery of your Paper and to achieve overall customer satisfaction. Please understand, however, that newspaper carriers are not our employees and we are not liable for any actions or inactions of carriers.
- Missed Deliveries. In the event of a missed delivery, a copy of the Paper will be delivered on the same day if the missed delivery is reported to Customer Service. Same day replacement may not be available in some outlying areas.
- Placement. Physical placement of the Paper when it is delivered to your home or business is determined by the newspaper carrier. You may make a request for the specific placement of the Paper at your address, which we will communicate to the appropriate distributor. However, such requests are ultimately handled by newspaper carriers and we cannot guarantee that all such requests will be accommodated.
- Temporary Stops. We will withhold delivery of the Paper if you request a temporary stop or break in service (“Temporary Stop”). You may request a Temporary Stop on-line or by calling Customer Service and providing the dates on which you would like delivery to stop and restart, up to a maximum stop period of 28 days. Upon receipt of such a request, we will notify the applicable distributor. Please note that you will remain obligated to pay for your subscription during the Temporary Stop period, and you have the option of either: If you request a Temporary Stop without an end date and fail to restart delivery within 28 days, you will be considered to have requested termination of your newspaper subscription service and you will need to contact Customer Service in order to resume delivery. We reserve the right to assess any applicable early termination fee in the event that you request a Temporary Stop without a restart date. Please note that we cannot guarantee that the same subscription rates or price will apply should you choose to thereafter restart service.
We reserve the right, at any time without notice to change these Subscriber Policies. Please review these Subscriber Policies from time to time for any changes. We may also change, modify, withdraw, suspend or even permanently discontinue all or any portions of Village News, Inc. subscription service at any time, without any liability or obligation. We reserve the right to modify the content, type and availability of any digital product at any time.